Here are some links to other skiing websites that you might find helpful.
Most skiing orientated websites are industry websites which are trying to sell their products/holidays, generally leaving them a bit biased and with a limited range of what they cover. As Mechanics of Sport always tries to give the most honest information possible, here I have listed the best skiing websites with unbiased content that I can find.
Skiing Technique Websites:
- YouCanSki.com - An article based website written by a variety of experienced ski instructors. The website mainly concentrates on racing technique although there are articles on all levels of skiing. Carefully taken pictures are often used to help explanations.
Snow Report / Ski Area Overview Websites:
- OnTheSnow.com - Probably the best site for snow reports, weather forecasts, and resort details, covering ski areas across the world. There are also many good articles to read.
- Avalanche.org - Links to avalanche information and current avalanche danger levels across the world.
Skiing Information Websites:
- PisteHors.com - A well kept website that has a lot of information for ski touring as well information on French ski areas.
- Adaptive Skiing Resources Page - A page with good resources for adaptive skiing, especially if you are based in North America.
Other Technical Websites:
- EngineeringSport.co.uk - A university based website, with lots of interesting articles about how science is used in sport, and the effects that it can have.
If you think there are any websites that I am missing here please let me know, contact details can be found on the contact page.